that time should be
So rich yet fugitive a pageantry.

forsake it then and with us fly
Into the past where nothing now can die:
Where even the young and lovely, old and staid
Live on unchanged - of purest fantasy made.

Prologue - W. de la Mare

Friday, November 2, 2012

Prelude in G Major  1947

The second layout in the series of my parents wedding photos.

"October 25, 1947, after exchanging vows, Mom and Dad paused at the top of the church stairs to seal their union with a kiss! This is their "Prelude", the beginning of their new life together........it lasted 61 years."

I used torn paper layering, distressing, molding paste and gels, inks, fussy cut wallpaper and other papers, bits of old lace and tatting, cheesecloth, dried flowers from my garden, jute twine, and a small piece of jewelry that had lost its setting, which I found in my Mother's jewelry box, on this composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment